Monday, February 4, 2013

Mindful : Cussing




I was in a standup comedy yesterday and though it was hilarious and i laughed my tears were running and my tummy was hurting me but i noticed something, alot of people cuss and swear and they think thats funny .. also i noticed alot of teenagers and even adults here in canada ( physicians ) who swear a lot and they think it makes them cool.. so you are telling me a story about your visit to the mall, u werent pissed off at anything, why would you throw in some fs every now and then !
 '' yeah that was the shit '' .. seriously ? thats how you describe a good cool thing ? the shit ? how could that make any sense ?

hey i am no mama theresea here okay ? I cuss too, i use the F word when i am REALLY angry and i use shxt instead of '' !!! '' alot . i never realised that until dad called me the other day and he told me that reema ( my baby sis, well not so baby anymore ) has picked it up from me and now she says shxt all the time ! that really made me feel bad ..

i am trying to be mindful about the words i use ad stuff, its a big part of the canadian culture here .. you cant ask any question unless you have a good reason to do so so i am getting better and better at being mindful when i talk to people and i think its about time to be mindful about my own words too ..

i think cussing and swearing doesnt make you feel good and degrading in a way. i know that i use the F word intentionally to show the person infront of me that i am seriously angry since i dont cuss a lot but i guess there are other ways to deliver the same msg without degrading myself ..

this is going to be quite challenging esp with the Shxt coz it comes out as part of my reaction, its a habit and a reflex so .. wont be so easy

No comments:

Post a Comment