Saturday, May 26, 2012

Privacy in canada :/

Its been one hectic week, im glad its over! But im not excited about next week either, ill start medicine n im a little bit rusty coz i havnt done it for so long :/
So ill be spending my weekend on studying!

Im a little bit disappointed, i havnt been able to do any of the things ive wanted to do! Ive been busy with work n gettin all settled! I cant wait till i can start workin on my own plans! I wanna cook, i wanna fish, skate , take photos, hike b explore the world but its so hard with this time consuming job. I wanna date too lol so i better find a way :/

Ahhh my psychiary rotation was crazy!! Ppl were so busy that no one was payin attention to me and i did mess up lol BIG TIME!! Imagine that i was following up the wrong pt for 3 days.. The guy had a hard name so i never really called him with his name and i was examining the pt on the bext bed all that time :/ ashwa ena no one found out :/ imagine that ive been discussing wrong finding for 3 days.

Something that is strange here is the privacy!! Imagine! U cant talk to the family without asking for the permission of the patient, u are not allowed to even take history or examine the pt if he had friends/family over. U have to ask if thats ok first! Imagine we went to see this guy so when we first entered the room, we were like hey sir, im dr x from psychiatry department, do u mind if we ask u some questions? And that guy had some one with him. He got angry and kicked us out, which is so expected, alot of people feel insulted when questioned by a psychiatrist but herez the funny part, later on we were informed that hez gonna sue us coz we gave his friend the impression that hez a mental pt! So our mistake is that we didnt respect the pt"s privacy and exposed him infront of his friend by saying that psychiatry wants to check on him! Do u get it?? OMG THIS IS INSANE! We were supposed to ask the pt if its ok to talk to him infront of his friend n if hez ok with it, we would say we are psychiatrists!! Do u see how insane things are here!!!

U are not allowed to bring out of the hospital any paper that has any info about the pts! O bl kuwait na5th elfile ebkobra elbeet :/ !! Any paper that has anythin related to the pt should either fe in the file or SHREDDED!!! Not even thrown in the garbage!! Should be shredded!!!
U cant discuss anythin about the pt infront of other ppl or other dr that has nothing to do with the pt! We cant discuss it bl hallway or elevators or outside the hospital :/

Ya privacy is such a big issue here :/

Anyway, beside the hospital, ive been feeling really bad! I feel all forgotten to be honest! My family dont call me and i havnt talked to mum for almost 10 days.. This feels aweful.. I know i can only blame the time difference but even if we couldnt TALK, how about a message or two.. I really feel sad.. Like people did move on back home..
Maybe i should move on too :( i dont know why i still expect things from others!
Akhhhh those damn expectations.. They will eventually destroy me .. Whether my expectations from myself or from others! They always back fire at me ..

1 comment:

  1. Hey sara, it's abrar.

    I find it strange that some family members haven't tried to contact you, but don't take it so bad. You make the move. They are your family after all, might as well make them feel bad about not contacting you earlier.
    Don't expect to do the adventures you've been wanting to do so soon, I find it strange that you thought you would. This should be busy busy time, you will have your own time later. And I am not saying it's soon. Never forget the main reason for this venture!
    You will do all the fun things you want to do, all in good time.

    I was horrified to read that a psychiatrist can take the patient's file out of the hospital. I think privacy is undermined greatly. But I guess once you're back in Kuwait, you'd be back to doing that :P ..I hope not. :D

    Later :)

    ReplyDelete