Monday, June 11, 2012

PGY1

so I have finally received my 1st year schedule and it sucks big time .. LIKE BIG TIME starting on july 30th july 30th – august 26th: elective august 27th – sept 30 : psych ER oct 1-28: elective oct 29 – jan 1: general medicine jan 2 – feb 3: palliative care feb4 – mar 3: ER mar 4-apr 7: psych CL apr 8 – may 5: behavioural neurology may6 –june2 : neurology june 3-30: addiction so lets start with the good news, the good news that ive been relocated from Toronto general hospital ( REALLY BUSY PLACE ) to mount Sinai where I work now, which is quieter and has a friendlier staff here .. plus mount Sinai is smaller and u don’t get lost in it like in Toronto general .. I was assigned first in Toronto general and I don’t know how I ended up in mount Sinai but im really glad :D now the bad news is, they screwed my vacation .. you see, I was planning to use the ELECTIVE to come home ( you could do it in Kuwait ) but now its on august and I don’t wanna come home yet lol .. I don’t miss home that much yet .. plus, I cant take a vacation in my 1st rotation and I think I cant take one until I pass 6 months of my rotations .. that means, I cant use the electives as vacation ( a lot of people do that ). And the other bad thing is, I don’t know what to do with the electives :s .. usually people go through rotations and know what they like and what they don’t and based on that, they decide their electives .. mine is at the very beginning :S so I don’t even know what to choose .. so 1st of all, ill be stuck here in Canada and not knowing what to do with my electives .. that sucks big time .. this week sucks too . I got 3 on calls in one week :s .. today which is Monday, on Friday and on Sunday .. and Friday Sunday thing sucks big time coz I go to work on Friday and come back on Saturday then go to work the next day and come back on Monday .. waai3 .. there;’s a concert for yanni that Saturday, I don’t know if ill be able to attend with such a crazy on call  .. maybe I should .. as a reward .. I don’t know, we will see

1 comment: