Wednesday, January 8, 2014

military bootcamp





http://fitfactoryfitness.com


See, i am not fit or athletic, i am actually a little bit overweight who has only done home based dvd workouts as exercise but there is this addiction that i got which is challenging myself. i tend to screw myself physically and mentally for the sake of challenge . i am addicted to adrenaline and accomplishments.
as a result of that, I've always been interested in military kind of training. unfortunetly, you can't apply for the army in kuwait only to do their workout if you know what i mean. I've got to know fit factory fitness by passing it by while i was on my way to work and hearing some one shouting in there .. it did sound like a military kind of commands!! so i looked it up online and I've learnt that this is a military based bootcamp that is done by an actual former US marine !! i decided to check it out so i went to see a class and by the end of it, i decided that i was not ready for it and this was last year . the class was so intense, the guy was shouting his lungs out and he didn't care if you are in pain or not like if you couldn't hold a plank and you fell on your knees, he will grab you by the shirt and lift you up and ask you to keep it !!  i was overwhelmed and intimidated. i decided to go and workout more on my own until i was ready for this.
then i came across tough mudder and i was determined to do it and i knew that whatever I'm doing at home was not enough so i found another bootcamp nearby. its a fun kind of bootcamp that has a lot of monkey bars and pull ups and a lot of parkour ! not your typical push ups and stuff .. I've been training with them since september and after 4 months, i feel a little bit stronger and definitely more flexible  but i was not happy with the progress. i was expecting more.

tough mudder is happening in may so i needed better training so i decided to be suicidal and actually sign up with the fit factory !!!
although my subscription started on monday but i avoided going to class because i am very much intimidated !! you have no idea how scared i am of that pain !! i realised that in order to be stronger, you gotta start somewhere .. its not where you started from but where you will be heading i guess. so i pushed myself to go to class today and they have bootcamps all week except boxing class on wednesdays and i said to myself that probably starting with boxing won't be that bad … and oh boy .. i was SOOOO STRONG !!!

it was one hour class and i think i burnt like 1000 calories !! lol it was THAT INTENSE !! too bad that I've forgotten my polar watch so i don't know how much calories i burnt exactly but i gotta tell you, my heart rate did not go down AT ALL !! the class was bRUTAL !! i never knew that boxing could be that intense !! right now as i am writing this, my arms are all sore ! actually, all my body is sore !!!
although I've notified them that this is my first class and that i got knees and back problems! they kept yelling at me and pushing me .. i think I've planked for like 30min out of that 60min class !!! IT WAS INTENSE !!! like REALLY INTENSE !!! but i am extremely happy that I've done it and now i feel like i got nothing to be afraid of .. lol .. i mean i haven't done THE BOOTCAMP which is what scared me to start with but at least now i know how it feels to be yelled at lol .. not fun !!! one of the girls was actually in tears today lol .. according to the guy at the front desk, he said a lot of ppl quit after the first class and a lot of people do actually feel like crying in the class .. LOL HOW CRAZY IS THAT !!

anyway, I'm extremely happy!!! I've survived my first class and i wanna scream it out lol ..

thats their video :



and what i also love about them that they got an obstacle course that is done once a month and its called the O course




so the whole thing looks fun yet insane !!!  they encourage people from all fitness levels to join in but i assure you, this is like super advance lol but whats encouraging is that, indeed, theres a lot of ppl who are overweight or not fit at all in the class so el zaffa tetwaza3 3alina lol 

anyway, today was my first day, I'm looking forward to attend more classes and see actual results .

ohhh i forgot to mention the craziest part … I'm actually doing 2 boot camps per day 3 times a week lol .. 
Body, don't fail me now .. 

No comments:

Post a Comment