Monday, January 6, 2014

LA


California from the plane is not as green as i thought! All through my flight from san fran to LA, all i could see was dark naked rocky mountains and the oceans! Nothing green at all! I wonder if its because its winter time or thats the way cali is :/ 
Ive always thought it will be fun to camp and hike in cali but looking at this view, i think not !! Maybe california is all about the ocean after all.. :/

Surprisingly, LAX ( LA AIRPORT) was sooo crappy!!! It has so many terminals but these terminals were small n packed, atleast terminal 4 was like that!! And when we went to claim our baggage, the bags belt was not working n it took 45min to get ut to work and to get our bags!!! Ohhh and there were no stamps or way of mailing things in the airport and when i asked why, they said for security reasons :/

So we spent the first night exploring hollywood. We walked around hollywood blvd and saw walk of fame and the Chinese theatre ! It was bizarrely empty!! No one was around and it was only us walking around! Is it winter? Is it xmas ? Is it the fact that it was a weekday? I dont know but it was quiet!!! 



2nd day, we went to Santa Monica pier!! Omg it was a happy peaceful place!! The ocean looked.. I dont know how to describe it.. Powerful.. Graceful?? And god! The sand!! How i missed feeling the sands in my feet!!! I couldnt help but to run around bare footed and get my feet soaked up in water!! The ocean was a bit cold though lol ok ok not a bit but REALLY cold to the fact when i soaked my feet in the water, i got a brain freeze :/ But i loved it! I really loved santa monica!!! I loved the white sand!!! I loved how big the beach was!! I just loved the whole thing and i wished we stayed there for 
the whole day!!! 





Then we walked around to venice beach and venice broadwalk!!! I loved how ppl were cycling, skating and jogging around!!!  Made me wanna get my bicycle and cycle for miles n miles!!!!


The place was loaded with latinos and carabbean people! It had a gangster flavor which made me a bit uncomfortable! I mean santa monica pier was happy but venice beach and stuff felt a bit sketchy! Alot of people might disagree with me but thats how i felt! I felt like its not safe for me to go there and sleep on the beach at night!

Anyway, We ended our day by visiting the xmas market/farmer market/the groves! It was all colorful!! The cutes part is when they released some foamy bubbles in the air as in snow!!! I thought it was the cutest thing ever!!!



On our 3rd day, we went to universal studios- hollywood and i was really disappointed of how small it was!!! It had only 2 rides and the rest were couple of shows!! U can not compare it to the one in orlando! Omg! Universal studios in orlando was mind blowing!! Even the one in Singapore was more impressive than the one in hollywood :( 
Maybe you will like it if you have never been to universal studios before but ive been to the one in singapore and orlando and this one was a complete joke for me!!! 



After that, i spent the evening exploring  the gay district with a new friend of mine! LA gay village was sooo lively and definitely better than the one in toronto!!  We went to see a dragqueen competition which was hilarious in a fun way!!! Definitely loved that lil midnight adventure  *wink wink* 

On my last day, it was crazy day! Everything about it was completely crazy! Starting with choosing my partner in crime, who is some one that i swore that id never have anything to do with them for the rest of my life. Then setting up the crime which was exploring most of LA in a day and i guess whats even crazier is my decision to rent a car and drive in LA's crazy traffic!! Which turned out not yo be as crazy as i thought! Its packed and slow and that is NOT CRAZY! U want CRAZY traffic, come and drive in toronto downtime! Thats what i call madness!!! 
We explored LA together. We saw china town, little tokyo, griffith park with the hollywood sign, farmer market and the groove ! 






It felt good while it lasted..
I felt like we went back in time and time stood still there. it Started with good team work then fun crazy besties time n ended up with goodbyes n regret as always..  regretting the things that i haven't said or done.. 
Was it the right thing to do? No, it only made things worse i guess..
Do i regret it? No i dont.
How do i feel? Guess im in so much pain that it feels numb right now
Guess you really cant have it all after all.. I had a day.. And thats all i could have..

Review time..

LAX AIRPORT: 
It is a big airport in the sense that it has so many terminals but each terminal ( been to 2 ) is small and literally PACKED!!! Their choices of dinning optiobs are very limited and its hard to find a table!!! The security there was insane too!! U are not allowed to mail anything within the airport :/ !! Ohh plus the bags belt was broken and it took us forever to get our bags upon arrival!!

Los angelos city
very disappointing. Everything about LA got me disAppointed. Their attractions are not impressive and not convenient because they are spread everywhere and you need a car to move around since cabs are expensive and renting a car is a waste of time since ull be stuck in traffic for hours

People:
I cant tell to be honest! I havnt interacted with alot of em! Definitely, theres a huge hispanic and carabbean communities there!! I dont want to be racist but latinos scare the hell out of me!
Ohh i also heard that LA is known for its gangs and crimes! So definitely not the safest city!! 

Prices:
I think its 10% tax or so but i dont know! I cant seem to have a sense of its prices! I mean, days went by too quickly for me to notice alot of things to be honest

Musts:
- santa monica pier which is technically not part of LA lol
- the grooves xmas market
- little tokyo if you like japanese stuff
- grifith park: the view there is phenomenal. Absolutely beautiful

So thats LA for you. I heard alot about it but i personally didnt like it at all and i dont think im coming back again. My friend had already decided that im coming back in the spring so she can show me LA the right way! Lol so guess im forced to give it another chance lol !

No comments:

Post a Comment