Monday, January 6, 2014

2014


today is the first day of one of the best year of my life.

ive started the new year a bit late because ive really sick for the past 2 weeks. i dont know what hit me, but i had a nasty cold and an eye infection.. actually, now that im thinking about it, i really think it was more than just cold, i think it must have been influenza .. it was very terrible .. i had generalized weakness, my nose was blocked and congested and all that congestion has affected my ear and it affected my hearing. i got a nasty viral infection to my eyes which caused them to be red and had alot of discharge which was ABSOLUTELY DISGUSTING !! especially early in the morning, it causes my eyes to be sticky and its painful to open them. ohhh i also had this horrible nerve wrecking cough that would keep me up all night !! at one occasion, i thought i was going to cough my lungs out !!!!  and i had no sense of taste and that made me lose my appetite.

you know, being sick when you live alone is not easy. i was too weak to cook my own food so i lived on home delivery, i had to drag myself to the doctor because i was getting less and walking in this cold weather with dizziness felt suicidal. i was absolutely contagious so my friends who were afraid of getting it, didnt want to step into my apartment .. that really hurted me .. i understand that they didnt get their flu shot and i also understand that they need the money thus they couldnt miss work coz of sick days but clearly, i was helpless and needed to be nursed .. atleast, they couldve accompanied me to the doctor ... oh well .. situations like these taught me alot. it taught me how to survive on my own .. yeah it was painful and hard but i made it ..  i am feeling better .. actually, maybe today is the first day where i felt like i got my strength back .. i still have a mild cough and a congested nose but al7mdallah, im waaaay better than before .. this is my 4th time getting sick this winter .. whats wrong with my immunity :S

speaking of winter, there has been a frostbite alert in toronto. it seems like tonight and tomorow, it will be the coldest days in toronto for the past 20yrs and theres alot of warnings regarding hypothermia and frostbites .. thats scary :S .. it says that it will be too cold that any exposed skin will develop a frostbite within 4 minutes !!!!! maybe i should skip the bootcamp today :s

i was suppose to be up by 5 am to workout but i overslept through the alarm.. actually, im not sure if the alarm went off to start with to be honest . ohh i got the new iphone.. omg iphones are SO CHEAP in here !! but i was told that iphone 6 is coming out in a couple of months !! damn it! if only i knew that before i bought my phone . so iphone 5s is nothing impressive to be honest !! the only 2 additions are the fingerprint option and the camera is SLIGHTLY better. now the fingerprint option is crappy !!  sa3at el iphone yet7amer and wouldnt recognize ur own fingerprint which can be annoying !! plus, im a believer that we should use our memory more so we dont lose it thus id rather memorize my passwords rather than fingerprint them!

so 2014 ... ive dreaded 2014 for so many reasons .. initially i dreaded it because its my pgy 2 in the residency and its one of the toughest years and now im dreading alot of things about it .. im dreading going back home .. im dreading turning 29 .. im dreading failing my challenge .. basically, there was so much negativity around 2014 but then i decided and I AM DETERMINED to turn this around and make it one of the best years of my life !! I AM DETERMINED !! i know that i cant control the circumstances but im going to give it my best .. ill prove to myself that i can make myself happy and that if i want something, i should get it myself rather wait for others to give it to me or to tag along.
so my two mottos for the year are :
'' 2014 is going to be one of the best years in my life ''
and '' Be Daring '' . im even thinking of tattoo-ing this on my arms, temporarily . 


My resolutions for 2014 . its a long list so lets hope i'll be able to cross most of it out.



2014 Resolutions

  • do tough mudder ( May vs sept )
  • run 5 K --> color me rad race
  • strength and endurance based workout : military bootcamp, O track , top up my numbers
  • cycling : in spring. Let your bicycle take you to places where you've never been.
  • Hiking : atleast once a month – join hiking group
  • camping ; gateways in the middle of no where
  • visit different national parks
  • be able to do atleast 15 proper push ups and 10 proper pull ups
  • do more yoga to build flexibility
  • forget the scale, focus on inches but target your performance numbers. Be stronger and not slimmer
  • learn how to ski and snow board
  • cook more: gourmet food rather than diet/protein based food on my cheat days
  • cut down coffee: max 3 times a week
  • take your physiotherapy more seriously to fix back
  • dance. Learn to dance starting from strip/dirty dancing to salsa
  • flying lessons in the summer
  • places to visit :
    - Vancouver
    - banff
    - brazil for the world cup --> if i have company
    - hawaii to see volcanos
    - yukon : to climb mountains
    - west coast road trip
    - the east coast
  • no dust on Qur'an campaign : read Qur'an more. If not a page everyday then a couple a week
  • pray on time: just like you are anal about your meals on time, do it with prayers
  • wake up for fajer prayer
  • talk to god more. He is the only one who'd never judge me and had promised to always help me if i ask him to so invest more in god rather than people.
  • Mindfulness based meditation
  • Read more. A book every month
  • learn french
  • learn more about religions and cultures
  • daily gratitude journal .
  • Memory training . Take it seriously and atleast do it 3 times week
  • blog more. Make your blog your best friend
  • study regularly rather before the exams
  • call family more regularly. Every weekend and talk to all family members by end of week
  • call friends every weekend
  • actively meet people. Go to different meet up groups. Atleast one new group every month.
  • get comfortable being alone. Learn how to tolerate it by going out alone.
  • Tolerate your own emotions -> dont shut it down and dont be afraid to feel


    -
    Mottos:
    * BE DARING : do everything your mind is hesistant about. Leave no room for regrets
    * BE FLEXIBLE. Ride every wave you get rather than swim against the current

No comments:

Post a Comment